Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Homemade Mini Corn Dogs and a Grapple...

I know what you're thinking..."What the heck is a grapple?"

Well my friends, let me enlighten you! A grapple is only the most delicious, crunchy, crispy, juicy apple on the market! It makes my mouth water to talk about it! Hold on, I need to get a napkin....okay all better.


 
 
A grapple is a hybrid. It is a cross between a red delicious apple and a grape. Now, I'm not sure if they spray the apple with the smell of grape, which my 10 year old was disgusted by, I might add. She's spent most of her life being medicated and detests the smell of grape because it is the go to flavor of medicine on the market. But anyway, this apple smells like a grape soda, and when you bite into it, you're not sure if you're eating a grape or an apple. It truly confuses your mind, but just for a moment. If you have never had a grapple, you must try one!



Inara and I shared the last one today. They only come in a pack of four. And I have to add that they are not cheap....soooo worth every penny though! I promise! Just ask Inara...she likes to eat hers with a little bit of peanut butter.

 
 
As we were eating our grapple, I was making our lunch. On today's menu, homemade mini corndogs.

I used my favorite cornbread recipe, straight out of my "red and white cookbook." A.K.A. Better Homes and Gardens. But you could use a cornbread mix, such as "Jiffy" which I keep on hand in my pantry for those quick meals or weird cravings I find myself having every so often.


I used five (even though only four are pictured) turkey dogs for this recipe and cut them into 1-inch pieces.
 
I grabbed my mini muffin pan and sprayed it with cooking spray and placed my cut hot dog pieces to the cups.


I then spooned the cornbread batter into the cups and covered the hot dogs.


I put the pan in a 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes or so.

Don't they look golden brown and delicious? They were very pleasing and Inara ate all hers and wanted more!

2 comments: